Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Decided to start a blog...

I've decided to start a blog- really a journal of my photographic adventures... I hope it will help me stay organized and push towards new challenges.

6-10-09 afternoon
Took photos at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery. I'm working on a 10 photo interpretation of my friend's new album. It started off as a simple project, but as the ideas keep coming, it has started to grow. I had a vision of a head stone with angels wings or music notes. I went in search of something along those lines and found what I wanted! I also stopped by Johnny Ramone's grave to pay homage. I wanted to find Jayne Mansfield and Cecil B. DeMille but I ran out of time.

The photos will be in the Los Angeles section of my website (www.LAwomanPhotography.com) under a new section titled "Cemeteries".

6-10-09 evening
Hiked up the "gnarly" trail (the one on the left) at Runyon and took my teddy bear and a few ideas. The nature/Runyon photos will be added to my Runyon Canyon gallery (in the Los Angeles gallery section on my website). The teddy bear pics are part of a larger project that I'm not finished with yet, so they will remain unpublished for now.