Friday, October 2, 2009

LA! What a city! MUSIC MUSIC MUSIC!! :)

I don't have any new photos on my website this week...but lots of new videos up on my youtube channel. here

Last weekend was great for live music!

On Friday, September 25th, I attended the Nico Vega show at the Avalon in Hollywood. This was only my third time seeing them, but I am already an avid fan. They are fantastic! The highlight for me was the song "Jesus Baby"...this trio is a force to be reckoned with! Powerful!

The Roxy in West Hollywood was the venue for the Scott Ford benefit held on Saturday September 26th. Several musicians came out to raise money for Scott's medical bills. Performing: Glenn Hughes, Paul Cook, Dave Navarro, Kenny Aronoff, Tom Morello, Wayne Kramer, Billy Morrison, Chris Chaney, Donovan Leitch, Dave Kushner, Duff McKagan, Matt Sorum, Scott Shriner, Jason Heath and the Greedy Souls, Steve O, and last but not least, the man of the hour, Scott Ford. Great night for a great cause!

For more info: http://fordradio.blogspot.com/




Chickenfoot, Queensryche and Davy Knowles performed at the Gibson Ampitheater on Sunday September 27th. I shot Davy's set at this past summer's Lollapalooza...backed with his band Back Door Slam. For this show, he was solo. He sounded fantastic and I was really glad I got there eary enough to see him. Queensryche played some music off of their album, which I now want to pick up. At one point, Geoff Tate brought his daughter out for a duet, which was really sweet. Then Chickenfoot came out and tore things up! Loved them! But, then again, how can a band with Sammy Hagar, Michael Anthony, Joe Satriani and Chad Smith not be good? They are a lot of fun to watch!

I will have some photo updates after this weekend...I have an event tomorrow that I'm really excited about. More on that later.